div>

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Being on fire for God

We had a guest speaker, Pastor Loh, on Sunday who spoke about being on fire for God. He made a very good point, quoting Revelations 3:16 which says: "So, because you are lukewarm-neither hot nor cold-I am about to spit you out of my mouth". Either we are hot or cold, anything in between is unacceptable to God.

He went on to talk about why Christians today are becoming lukewarm in their attitudes towards God, getting distracted by worldly desires and the burdens of this fallen world. I couldn't help but think about myself, how I get so wrapped up in worrying about the things of this world than His kingdom. Overwhelmed by guilt, I said a silent prayer asking for forgiveness.

It's difficult to have faith and BELIEVE when things around you that can go wrong just go wrong. As i prayed, I remembered Lamentations 3:27 which says: "It is good for the man to bear the yoke while he is young". Which probably explains all the shit we have to go through in our life as God prepares us for bigger and better things.

I continue to pray that He gives me renewed strength everyday to fight the battle and forge ahead.

No comments: