div>

Monday, July 21, 2008

Terminator Salvation

The past few months have been like a fanboy's wet dream come true. It started with Iron Man, then The Incredile Hulk, Hellboy 2 and now the hype with The Dark Knight. Being a fanboy myself, I can't say that I wasn't jumping with gleeful joy at the thought of all these wonderful works of pulp fiction being transposed onto the big screen to be fleshed out in their full glory.

Speaking of Batman, the next movie in line that is making the palms of all fanboys (myself included) sweat is the highly anticipated (aren't they all??) Terminator 4, which coincidentally stars Christian Bale again as John Connor, the much burdened leader of the resistance. I'm really glad that they decided to leave Arnie out of this whole deal! Unlike the Rambo franchise, which rocked big time despite an ageing Sly Stallone (I'm sure they made a deliberate effort NOT to cover up his wrinkles and bulging belly!) the Terminator series isn't all about a T-800 wlaking around in a leather jacket armed to his teeth with firearms and blasting everything in his way, all the while mouthing cheesy one liners.

Check out the trailer here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXnELk6pZVk

The battle with Skynet begins...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

T4 should be decent at least because Christian Bale stars in it... I'm hoping Arnold ends up making an appearance too