div>

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Burger no enough

Of late, two major burger chains have been duking it out with each other for who has the most monstrous burger in town. I reckon they are feeling the heat from Carl's Jr, the chain with the REAL monster burgers.

I've never been a big fan of Ronald, so we decided to pop into a Burger King chain last night. I've always favoured BK as their burgers seemed to have that freshly grilled taste as opposed to others that always had that pre-cooked, microwave taste. Being someone with a rather big appetite despite my slim frame, I was gunning for the Quad Stacker. But since Penny also ordered a Whopper Jr meal and even upsized it, I relegated it instead to a Triple Stacker.

Imagine my surprise, horror and disappointment when the burger arrived on the tray. My first reaction was 'Huh?! So small?!' This reaction was echoed further when I unwrapped it. Firstly the beef patties were wafer thin, nothing like what was being pictured. In fact, they were so thin I had a problem figuring out if there were indeed three patties sandwiched between the buns! They had to rub salt into the wound by even running out of the so-called 'special' Stacker sauce that was supposed to be added.

Sorely dissatisfied with our dinner, we grumbled that we would have been better off at Pepper Lunch. So much for being Brave. I suppose it wouldn't take more to be Ballsy.

Back to Carl's Jr for me!

No comments: