div>

Monday, January 19, 2009

Tortured

I've done threading on my eyebrows before, it's part and parcel of my beauty regime. It hurts like mad - no amount of military training can prepare you for such an intense pain and I used to wonder why women still insist on torturing themselves this way - but it's way more effective and prodcutive than plucking with a pair of tweezers.

Penny decided to take a trip to Rimpy's, our usual Indian eyebrow threading parlour at Clementi Central, to do her eyebrows. She ended up threading her whole face and came out even more satisfied than usual. As if that were not enough, she glances at my face and decides that I needed one too. I thought, shouldn't be that bad and it's been a while since I had my last threading anyway.

When my turn came, I lay down on the chair as usual and the auntie proceeded to do my eyebrows. It was a totally different sensation altogether when she moved on to my face. To describe the pain as excrutiating is a severe understatement - I had half the mind to jump out of the seat and yelp. All I could do was grit my teeth and grunt, twitching a little once in a while.

It was the longest 5 minutes of my life, but my face seemed a little brighter after the whole procedure. Or so Penny claims. Same same, but different.

Relieved! So *%^# painful!

No comments: