div>

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Washed by the Water

Even when the rain falls
Even when the flood starts rising
Even when the storm comes
I am washed by the water

Even when the earth crumbles under my feet
Even when the ones I love gonna try to crucify me
I won't ever ever let you down
Won't go, won't go, won't go
As long as you're around me

Washed by the Water by NeedToBreathe


Have been quite frustrated with myself of late. There seems to be so many things that I know need to be taken care of but I just never seem to have the motivation to get them done. I am starting to question if this sense of nonchalance and procrastination are a sign of a mild depression setting in.

I have to admit, I have problems even trying to cry out to God. As hard as I try, I can't seem to even sit down for 5 mins and wait on God anymore. So many thoughts stirring in my head but yet I can't utter any words to speak to Him.

Just when thoughts of trying to stay afloat and keep my head above the water in a stormy sea, God speaks to me with Washed by the Water by NeedToBreathe (just like He did before with Restore To Me by Glory Revealed)
. Strangely, this song has been playing in my phone for the past two weeks (I ripped it from the WOW 2009 compilation I bought) but the words suddenly rang with such clarity that I just couldn't stop listening to the song all the way back from work.

Water in the Bible symbolises cleansing and purification. I sense that God is sending me a message to purify my heart again and set Him above all else so that I can stand firm with Him.

Hebrews 10:22-23 says: 'Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.'

No comments: