div>

Friday, June 22, 2007

Church Camp 2007: Day 1

After being postponed for a year, we finally went for our church camp at Tanjong Puteri Resort. I only managed to join the group on Tuesday morning due to work commitments on Monday.

Getting there was quite a bitch. Got played out by the stupid flyover outside Carrefour (that is FINALLY complete after taking forever) along the Tebrau Highway. So after getting lost and braving some unexplored territory, I finally arrived (with my friend Isaac in tow who probably almost puked in the car!) at about 8.30 in time for Morning Devotion! Yippee!

After breakfast, we broke into groups to do our stuff. I handled the youth to share about the Power of Praise: what it can do and why we should do it (this is my own unofficial title for the presentation lah). It was really fun sharing with the youth and in the midst of doing so I obtained fresh revelation about P&W that I never knew before.

Lunch was buffet with the usual spread. I chowed down quite a bit of salad since I had been pigging out quite a lot the few days before. After lunch, we all headed back to our villas to prepare for the corporate games out in the field, under the scorching hot sun!

As a bystander (and supposed referee who didn't do much), it was hilarious watching the teams play the games. R&R time followed but I didn't have much time to rest with the night session still left unprepared. I put together another simple presentation entitled Who Am I?: Realising your full potential & putting it to good use. With that done, I had barely enough time to catch a quick nap before dinner happened at 6pm.

Not one to complain, but dinner was quite horrible so I didn't eat much. It was hilarious to watch Desmond tease the waitress about having kambing soup instead of the planned 'egg drop' soup.

After dinner was back to the villa with the youngsters again. This session saw them doing a SWOT analysis about themsleves and pairing up to find out certian things about their partner that nobody knows about. The results were surprising, funny and mind-boggling all at the same time.

Topics we touched on included (but not restricted to): benefits of boxer shorts, dangers of eating too much junk food, gays and tranvestites, clubbing, passing gas after eating certain foods. We all had so much fun talking and sharing that we didn't even realise that time had gone by until Uncle Larry and Auntie Teresa came back with their snoozing kids. I didn't have time to finish up what I had planned!

Ending the session with a prayer, everybody returned to their respective villas to do their own stuff. Me, I showered, had a short discussion with Auntie Esther about the following day's corporate games, went through the meditation verse and decided to sleep after not being able to decipher the meaning.

It sucks to be sleepy.

No comments: