div>

Friday, June 22, 2007

Church Camp 2007: Day 2

Woke up at 7am for a quick jog before Morning Devotion. It cleared my head quite a bit for the games that I had planned for the dinner that evening as well as the meditation verse (Mark 9:49-50). By the time I went back to the villa, everyone was up and about. So I took a long shower, made my hair and when I came down, ALAMAK! Everyone was waiting for me to start the villa devotion. I quickly settled in and we all prayed and sang some songs together before proceeding to the function room again for sharing of the day's meditaion verse.

After that was the usual breakfast where I chowed down some fruit, a salad, half a dozen chipolatas, a sunny side up, baked beans, milk and a bowl of cereal. I had to gobble that down in less than 20 mins because I had to go back to the function room to help Auntie Esther with setting up for the next corporate game: the Paper Aeroplane Factory.

At about 10am, people started milling in for P&W. Somehow, this morning's P&W seemed different; more powerful and moving than the previous day's. I had this sudden compulsion to cry so I just let the tears flow. Perhaps the sessions that we had done proved to be a motivating factor for all who participated? It was great to see everyone singing and shouting with no inhibitions!

We started the corporate game at about 10.30am. Auntie Esther had tasked me to MC the whole game as she had to tabulate the scores. Again, the memebrs were broken into men, women and youth. It was great fun tekan-ing them and watching all hell break loose as they scrambled to get their planes made and delivered. All in all, it was a very fun, insightful sessions which the youth won in the end.

Lunch was after that, same old buffet food again. I started off with the usual salad before moving on to attack the roast duck. Desmond, as usual, couldn't help but whack the crabs. The desserts were yummy too, with cream puffs, brownies and other forms of delectable pastry. Couldn't eat much as most of the breakfast was still in my stomach.

Headed back to the villa to get my socks before heading to the bowling alley. Couldn't get my form right as I couldn't find a ball that would fit my big knuckles nicely. How I miss the Superbowl at SAFRA Mt Faber! After getting an embarassing score of 101, I rushed back to the villa to make preparations for the night's games. Managed to finish it in under an hour and a half before heading for a nap. Could feel my head pounding already.

Woke up at 6pm and headed for the function room. It was HUGE and provided me more than enough space for me to tekan everyone again. Haha! I proceeded to place on all the tables the props needed for my games later. I was shaking with excitement, I couldn't wait to unleash my nonsense on everyone! Bruhaha!

We didn't start the dinner until about 7.30pm when everybody was seated. We started off the dinner with a closing speech from Ps Don followed by the presentation of trophies to the winning team from the bowling session. I kicked off the night with the Fake Bingo game to get everyone riled up. Fortunately the crowd were so enthusiastic about completing their score sheets to realise that they were all doctored to enable EVERYONE to win. Ha!

The food, surprisingly, was the best we had so far. I conitnued with the Jigsaw puzzle game which saw everybody clamouring to put the pictures together. We carried on with the lucky draw, with myself winning an Electric Kettle (2nd prize). It sure seemed odd to receive a lucky draw prize at a dinner I'm MC-ing!

I called representatives from each table up on stage to share about what they had learned from the camp. After they were done with their turn, I thought it was only fair that I shared my view too. As I did, I suddenly felt really emotional and started to break down when I addressed my 'speech' towards the youth, the usual hoopla about how they had so much potential waiting to explode. But this time, I really meant it and I felt so much for them. A bunch of enthusiastic youngsters wanting to be taken seriously, bursting at the seams with so much energy, but yet were equally misunderstood at the same time.

I ended the night with the Pop Quiz game, where only one table (Ps Don's) got the Snuffleapagus question right. We gave away prizes to the winning table (Thomas') of which I was a part of. For the second time that night, I was receiving another prize, this time an NTUC voucher.

After laying hands and praying for me, I made my way home at 10pm with Uncle Desmond (he hitched a ride 'cos he also had to go back to work the following morning).

By God's grace and divine protection, I finally reached home at 11.30pm. What a day!

No comments: