div>

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Top 10 things that irk me to no end

  1. People who STILL refuse to turn off their handphones during a movie. The audience at a movie should all just gang up and throw a handful of popcorn (since we won't be able to finish it in one sitting anyway) at the next guy whose mobile rings during the movie.

  2. Road hoggers doing 70km/h in the extreme right lane on expressways.

  3. Aunties driving Maseratis, BMW M5s, Mecerdes SLKs and other fierce, exotic cars doing 70km/h in the extreme right lane on expressways (this one not sour grapes, I'm fine with a cool looking uncle driving a Mercedes S600 Turbo).

  4. People whose hands are too heavy to flick their signals on when they want to turn. Either that or their cars are too cheap and didn't come with indicators installed.

  5. Cars with HID / Xenon headlights. Regardless whether it's factory fitted, it's still damn bloody glaring to look at in the rear view mirror. Whoever allowed it on the roads (LTA?!) should be strapped to a chair, with toothpicks holding his/her eyelids open and two super-duper, Ah Beng WRX-esque Xenon headlights shining straight into their face.

  6. 'Interviewers' on Orchard Road asking me 'Hello? Are you Singaporean? Would you like to...' Arrrrgh! Talk to the hand.

  7. Companies calling 'on behalf of XX Bank' to offer me credit cards, 'special interest rate' personal term loans and other different manner of financial bondages attempting to burden me for some good years of my life.

  8. Insurance companies calling me to introduce their 'new policies' to me. Hello? Even if I really needed ANOTHER policy on top of the numerous I already have, would I talk about it to a stranger over the phone?

  9. Bank tellers who are ALSO selling insurance policies over the counter, which probably explains why the queues are always so damn long! I just want to replace my bloody passbook, so just replace it so that I can get out (x-refer #7 for MY policy on insurance policies).

  10. Companies making sucky toys and ripping all the poor kids (or parents??) off. Some examples of bad toys: Transformers, G.I. Joes (Hasbro should be shot for both). Some examples of good toys: anything from McFarlane, Ben 10 (some of them retail for $9.95 but are such good fun to play with!).

No comments: