div>

Monday, September 3, 2007

Dessert of the week: Lizard Cake

Woke up early on Sunday morning to prepare for church. I needed the oven to toast some bread so I proceeded to remove the plastic container which my mum-in-law had used to prepare some kueh earlier.

And horror of horrors, there were not one but TWO lizards inside. My mum-in-law had, with her typical auntie mentality, left the cover slightly ajar for fear of the kueh turning mouldy. How she deduced such a thoery still baffles me. The lizards were so nicely positioned that anyone looking in would have thought that they were placed there on purpose as decorative ornaments, like those silly little Spidermans, Pikachus, Doraemons and what nots so commonly found on cakes nowadays.

Anyway, I figured that Lizard 1 had gone into the container out of hunger/curiosity/just for the sheer fun of it. Lizard 2 in turn got stuck trying to rescue his friend from the evil clutches of the gooey kueh.

I imagined the conversation would have gone something like this:
L1: Mmm... Kueh... Let's go get us some...
L2: No, wait...
L1: Alamak! Why so sticky one?! Can't... move... my... legs... L1, heeelp!
L2: Don't worry, I'll get you.... Oh, crap! Now I'm stuck too...
L1 & L2: Heeeeelp!

Of course, my mum-in-law freaked out upon discovering the presence of the lizards violating her beloved kueh and threw away the whole chunk. Me, I just sniggered with delight at the sight of her squirming.

No comments: