div>

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

It sucks to have sore eyes

If there's one ailment I hate more than anything else, it's conjunctivitis. As a matter of fact, I hate it so much that I can't even spell it right!

We decided to come home earlier on Sunday afternoon after church to take a nap instead of milling about outside (Penny was still having a fever). Mistakedly excited by the thought of catching Constantine on Ch 5, I woke up in the evening and BAM! My eye was puffed up and red and itching like crazy. Worse part was the tearing, it kept getting on my lashes which in turn kept rubbing on the lenses of my spectacles. This is one of the most irritating sensations in the world, I assure you. And to make things worse, I'm as blind as a bat without my glasses so I couldn't take them off.

I later realised that Keanu was only on at 10pm, so I spent the whole evening in bed watching bits of Bourne Identity on Ch 5 and Disovery Travel and Living on Ch 16, all the while dabbing my eye with tissue and trying to remove the tons of eye wax that kept forming. Finally, I decided to throw in the towel and went to bed, unable to bear with the irritation of keeping my eyes open.

Monday morning was worse - I couldn't even open my eyes as all the tears had dried up and stuck my lashes together! So I decided to call in sick. It sucks to have sore eyes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Rennie...surprise surprise! Yes you are my competitor now...so funny.

Anyways, I've been to Vietnam. Went to Hue and Danang Beach...one of the bloodiest places during the Vietnam War. The place is really scenic esp if you take the train ride from Hue to Danang. The ride takes you along the coast. Hoi An is also very scenic and much quieter. But have yet to check that city out yet.