div>

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Lunchtime in CBD = WAR!!!

One thing I've always detested was to have lunch in the CBD area during weekdays. In fact, I still do! So for the past few days when I had to lunch alone, I would pack my lunch to have in the pantry in order not to return drenched in my own perspiration and I also need not have to worry about getting into catfights over tables with corporate beyotches.

Case in point - I was queueing up for my Heng Kee curry chicken noodles (my first of many to come I reckon *drool*) at Hong Lim, there was an empty table in proximity to where I was. A young lady came and stood next to the table, but didn't sit down as she realised she'd lost her friends in the confusion. You could see that she was looking around for her friends and it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that she already wanted the table. As she was fishing for her mobile, presumably to call her lost colleagues, a middle-aged auntie just came and knocked her aside and immediately placed her umbrella horizontally across two chairs. It didn't matter that the umbrella kept falling off as it was OBVIOUSLY TOO SHORT, the auntie just beckoned her friends to occupy the seats and started to discuss what they intended to eat, all the while ignoring the poor girl. Bewildered and shocked, with the mobile still in her hand, the lady stood there dazed for a good five seconds (I kid you NOT, I actually counted) before she realised what had just transpired. Evidently outnumbered, she just walked away sheepishly with her tail between her legs.

Auntie - 1, Office lady - 0

I had half the mind to slap the auntie on the back of her head and scream in her face her 'What the f**k's wrong with you?? Very hungry is it??'.

The monster called the Fugly Singaporean rears its head again.

No comments: