div>

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Napoli qui veniamo!! -- *Naples here we come!!*

'Someone once said if God had a voice, He would sound like Andrea Bocelli. And I REALLY need to hear God's voice at this point in my life!!'

I received a call from MediaCorp TV on Friday evening. The lady, Sandra, introduced herself and said 'I guess God has heard you'. Obviously, I was lost for a moment as I tried to recall all the dealings I've had with MediaCorp the past few weeks. The only thing that came to mind was a job application with the Promotions Department.

When Sandra said 'We're sending you to Naples to watch Andrea Bocelli', the only words I managed were 'Shit. No way.'

MediaCorp TV had been running an SMS contest over the past week to promote Andrea Bocelli's new album Incanto and were giving away a trip to Naples to watch him live. Penny was lamenting about how nice it would be if we could win a free trip so she egged me on to send in an entry.

The words at the beginning of this post were in my SMS. And I remember praying to God, 'Father, sorry to use Your name in vain, but if it's in Your will please let it happen because only You know how much we need a break from all the craziness swirling around us'.

It all happened so quickly, I'm still trembling from the shock. We leave on Thursday morning for Naples. Everything else is still sketchy as we haven't received a lot of other information as of now.

Praise the Lord. We're going to have wood fired pizza for every meal and gelato for dessert every single day.

No comments: