div>

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

3.47% ain't so bad

Just as I was whining about my slim chance of getting a new flat, I found out my 4676 queue number wasn't so bad after all. Was having a chat with my friend Clif about this whole hoopla, who also submitted his application. It went something like this:

Clif: So you receive your HDB number yet?
Me: Yah. Damn jia lat, got 4676 leh. I think this time round also xiong duo ji shao one (literally translated from Mandarin it means 'breast much, squeeze little', a crude way of depicting yourself stuck in a situation where the odds are stacked greatly against you).
Clif: Eh? Buay pai leh! I got 10,000 plus leh.
Me: WTF??

I don't know what scared me more. That he got a '10,000 plus' queue number out of 10,200 despite submitting his application earlier than mine. Or his nonchalance about the whole thing suggesting his epathy towards our so-called systematic government.

No comments: