div>

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Unemployment phase: week 1

One week into my unemployment phase and I'm bored to tears. Most of the time last week was spent sending Vel to the Chinese physician to seek treatment for her mor dan (or URTI 'due tot a viral infection' to the Western doctors who didn't have a rat's ass of a clue as to what was actually afflicting her).

My throat started to itch on Sunday after church (too much singing perhaps?) and yesterday I came down with a fever. I promised Penny I wouldn't watch Flashpoint without her, so I popped SPL into the DVD player to get my Donnie Yen fix. The guy is smoking for his age!

Head was spinning this morning as I headed off for my meeting with the job agency. Came home and tried to take a nap. But some people just have to pace back and forth just outside my room to yak on the phone.So I woke up and headed off to Excelsior Shopping Arcade to try my luck at Drum Resources. They were finally open! Picked out a few pairs of sticks and a bag to chuck everything in. After a 12 year hiatus, I was ready to rock and roll again! Praise the Lord!

Headed off to Cerebos for my interview despite my pounding head. Don't think the interviewers thought very much of me as I was mumbling and slurring incoherently throughout the session. Thanks in part to the lozenge I was sucking on as my throat was REALLY hurting. The session only lasted for about 30 mins, so I guess they probably couldn't wait to throw me out.

Went to church to jam with the team and got a chance to warm up my new gear. My head was still spinning so I screwed up quite a bit. Hope I can get my act together by Sunday.

When I got home there was only one thing on my mind: paracetemol.

No comments: