div>

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Jurong 'ink'

After another long, tiring day at work - we had a last dance rehearsal at the event location of our sales conference- I finally got home at about 9pm. I could just muster enough strength to down some porridge (despite having a 2 pc KFC meal earlier) and get down to preparing for the next day's program. This included ripping off the sleeves of my T-shirt and applying fake tattoos on my arm. We were, after all, doing Kal Ho Na Ho (a Bollywood dance item).

I never thought much of fake tattoos before. Applying these now brought me back to my younger days when we used to play with those on the wrappers of 10-cent bubble gums available at mamak stalls. Velouria was her usual curious self and kept insisting that she get one as well. Since I had one whole sheet with me, I thought why not and decided to give her a small one.

It surprised me how easy it was to apply. Cut, slap, douse with water, peel and - voila! - there it was! When we were done we were so proud of ourselves that we just had to show them off.

Sometimes, it's these silly little things we do as a family that keeps me going. Takes my mind off the mundane things that keep me awake at night.

Praise the Lord for blessing us with such a nonsensical daughter.


No comments: