div>

Friday, August 15, 2008

New boots

Guys are such klutzes when it comes to shopping. We never buy anything unless we really, really, really need it. Like when holes start appearing on our boxers, our deodarant starts spraying only cold air or our wallets start getting warped out of shape. And even when we finally do, we just head straight towards that particular department where we are seeking our wares and get the deed done. Go in, get the stuff and get out. Like a Navy SEAL rescue mission.

So it was really unglam for me to become all 'kuniang' after I set my eyes on a particular pair of boots at Primavera. The design totally rocked; it was gaterised so no fumbling with laces, it was high cut so my pants could fall nicely around the shoe (I'm anal that way) and had nice little details that you would hardly find on a pair of, say, Bata shoes. It could go well with jeans too for a smart casual look! But the price was way too steep for me. At $229, it was way over what I would usually pay for a pair of shoes. My most expensive pair cost me $150, and they were a pair of skating sneakers I bought from Australia.

When the Primavera outlet at Marina Square was having a 'Closing Down' Sale, the boots were slashed down to $169. But I still managed to convince myself that I don't really need another pair of shoes and just walked away.

So there I was at Vivo City with Vel a couple of weeks back. We passed by the Primavera outlet and the were having a sale. The boots were there staring at me AGAIN! So just to satisfy my curiousity, I walked over, picked them up and looked at the price tag.

$99!

Without hesistation, I beckoned the sales assistant and asked for a size 8. Perfect fit! Naturally, I bought them (after eyeballing them for so many months).

Moral of the story: never buy anything during GSS, buy them AFTER. *snigger*

1 comment:

:)X said...

Dude, Jenn here. I had a good laugh when i read ur blogger profile; I used to have a profile that begins with these words "I am a teenager stuck in an adult suit".

And guess what? I am nuts about drums too. I don't gig anymore, but I still play for Church whenever I can make it for the rehearsal.

Well as I mentioned in Facebook, we have to meet up someday!!!